Dubrovnik & The Dalmatian Coast - 7 night cruise


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
September 22nd 2017
Published: September 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Looking forward to our seven-night cruise aboard the MV Adriatic Queen exploring the wonderful Dalmatian islands, scattered along Croatia’s coast. We will stop at Mljet,Korcula, Hvar, Split, Omis, Markarska, Trstenik & finally Dubrovnik.

We had an early start to Gatwick Airport. Our Titan driver made good time & we were at the check in area nice and early.
Benita had been collected from Torquay yesterday and her Titan driver had a short journey this morning from the Gatwick Hotel to the terminal.Initially we were advised that there would be a delay of an hour & half due late arrival of aircraft. Not sure whose strings were pulled but we actually hook off just 10 minutes behind schedule.Good flight, quick turnaround at Dubrovnik airport and we were soon on our way to join our home for the next 7 days MV Adriatic Queen.There are 18 in the group including Jenni our tour manager, upon arrival we received a warm welcome from the Captain and his crew.We were shown to our cabins, luggage already inside, very efficient service.Following introduction of the crew members; Captain, 2 Bartenders, 2 Sailors & 2 Cooks we were given a safety briefing followed by a delicious buffet lunch.At 4pm we set off for a trip around the headland to view the old walled city of Dubrovnik from the sea. We will be returning later in the week for a city tour.It was a chance to meet our fellow passengers before we returned to the port where afternoon tea was available.It is not uncommon for boats to pull up alongside each other when moored and we were boat No.5 in the lineup which was great fun moving from one to the other to reach the shore for a short walk to build up an appetite for dinner. On our return we tackled moving a through the other four boats and knew we'd reached home when we recognised our cook.Tonight dinner is served on board and we stay overnight in Dubrovnik.It's been a long day but an enjoyable one and we are easing ourselves into holiday mood.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb