Dubrovnik Day One - Last Day with the Diamond Family


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
July 9th 2017
Published: July 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

This is our last day on the ship and having to say goodbye to a group of amazing people. We've had a blast everyone has just made our trip just that much better!

We ended up taking a walking tour around the old town of Dubrovnik as part of a ship excursion. I wasn't impressed. Perhaps it was the heat but she just wasn't that interesting to listen to. We ended the tour and headed off into the streets to find a bite to eat and a beer. You'd be amazed at the number of pizza shops they have here and they are all good! A side note... the awnings are not just for the sun shade but for the pigeon bombardments that happen frequently. Three times for Ted actually! This last one a double bombing. We never jumped up so fast in our lives! Good thing we had finished the pizza and just drank the last of our beer! Back to the boat to change the clothes. Gross.

We ended up taking a nap and then ventured out later that night to take the sky tram up the mountain to get the night view of Dubrovnik. It was much up cooler there as well. It was busy with people late into the night. The lighting setup that you see in some of the pics is because a music festival started on Monday with fireworks and celebrations throughout the week. Sad we will miss that as I'm sure the music would sound amazing in the old town walls.

They had other tours for Game of Thrones as many scenes were shot in the old town. There are pictures here of the steps down into the city that Cersei Lannister took her walk of shame. Awesome! There were other places that were used in the old town as well.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb