Casual Sail to Croatia


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
September 6th 2013
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 42.6537, 18.0948

Before our day in Dubrovnik, we had a full day at sea to finally get a bit of rest. Today consisted of a late breakfast, swim and games. We met an appointment for a challenge for a game of Scrabble with American couple Pete and Audrey. As expected, we lost. At dinner, a formal night we met a lovely couple from Manchester, Rick and Paula. Ricks father used to be director of Manchester United. No big deal.
As it turned out, Dubrovnik turned out to be our favourite city on the cruise, and Eastern Europe in general. We toured it ourselves, getting a shuttle bus from the pier to Old Town. It wasn't a particularly monument heavy city, just a pretty one. We walked through the city, to the waterfront where we elected to go on a glass bottom boat ride. This was heaps of fun, taking us out on bright blue, crystal clear water around the walls of the city and nearby islands. Along the island coastline, tropical fish, coral and sea creatures could be seen below. On route back, we opted to be dropped off at a pebble beach to relax for an hour or so.
Later, our glass bottom boat returned us to town. For the rest of the afternoon, we wandered the steep narrow city streets, explored some cathedrals, tried some local beer and left with our standard bank note (Croatian Kuna) and fridge magnet.
Back aboard, in the afternoon, I literally bumped into our friends from Tuscany at the soft serve machine. We spent the afternoon with Mike and Kelly, engaged in fierce and friendly gaming combat; table tennis, mini golf, cards (wippen) and the Sorry board game. Now, time for dinner, on our second last night aboard Carnival Sunshine.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Nude ConversationNude Conversation
Nude Conversation

Caption this..


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb