Medieval Magic by the Sea


Advertisement
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
December 13th 2016
Published: December 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Great writers have a talent for placing their stories in spectacular locations that stand up to the masterful mix of words they are attempting to blend on a printed page. They use their imaginative powers to construct a town that serves as the canvas for the conversations and actions of their characters. The setting of a well told tale is sometimes as important as the stories themselves and can ev... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

StradunStradun
Stradun

and Onofrio's Fountain
Banje BeachBanje Beach
Banje Beach

Dubrovnik



13th December 2016

Wow!!!
Beautiful writing and pictures! To be able to experience Dubrovnik when the tourists have left, and the locals are celebrating is the ultimate experience. I'm so jealous!
13th December 2016

Wow!
Thank you, Bob, for the nice compliments. We really enjoy travelling to these beautiful places in the off seasons when the crowds are so much smaller. The weather was still excellent and although a few things were closed, we really enjoyed ourselves in a truly special location. Thanks so much for following along. We really appreciate it!
13th December 2016

Thank you
As always, I love taking this trip through your writing and pictures. All so wonderful.
13th December 2016

Our Pleasure!
Thank you, Maudie for travelling along with us! We are so happy you enjoyed the pictures. Dubrovnik is gorgeous and we are happy we had a chance to visit. We are already off in our next country. Thanks so much for commenting and following our journey!
13th December 2016
Old City Nights

Such evocative words and photos!
Surely Dubrovnik is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and you two have captured it perfectly. Brilliant, of course, to go after the madness of the tourist season when you could properly feel and see the city. The winter festival and the frequent entertainment aimed more at the residents and you few tourists sounds lovely. I wonder where you will be for Christmas and New Years?
14th December 2016
Old City Nights

Thanks!
We found Dubrovnik to be one of the prettier places we have been. Dubrovnik was originally thought of as a Winter destination many years ago. Because of the very nice weather, we think November was a great time to go. We passed through in August and it was REALLY hot and we thought this was so much more pleasant. You do have to miss the beach though! Thank you for reading and commenting. We always appreciate your support.
24th December 2016

Great writers like you pull us into the story
I felt like we were experiencing the joys of Dubrovnik with you. What a wonderful time of year to explore. History and holiday woven into this outstanding blog inviting us to enjoy the medieval magic by the sea. Happy holidays to world travelers.
24th December 2016

Writers....
Thank you for the kind words and holiday wishes. Dubrovnik was gorgeous and even though a little off season, we enjoyed our time there. We hope you have a wonderful holiday season and good start to the new year. We will be starting ours on a new continent. Wish us luck. Thanks so much for reading and commenting, it means a lot to us!

Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 18; qc: 30; dbt: 0.1346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb