Day 41


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
June 28th 2015
Published: June 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We start the day with a boat ride from the resort into the marina at the Old Town.

Walking through the old town again we notice the Croatians putting on a show of traditional song and dance.

They are very proud of their heritage and their history, but also embrace tourism and have a want to share their passion.

Today we are ticking another activity off Michelle's list and going sea kayaking.

We meet the group and are told of our four hour adventure, which will take us around the island of Lokrum, exploring a few more caves before stopping for lunch at a cove name Bettina which is only accessible by water.

I notice the group all look under 30 and we are definitely the oldies on this one.

Starting out paddling seemed easy enough, behind the walls of the old town.

Moving away from the structure, the wind and swell make it tough going over to Lokrum Island.

As we round the island, the waters calm off and the scenery is magnificent, with crystal clear water all the way to the rock faces.

Along the way we are stopping for some info on the history, but I feel this is more an aversion to give us a break and let the spread out group re-form.

Exploring the caves along the way, it is great to paddle into calmer waters and the tranquility inside.

Rounding the bend and paddling past all the super yachts we reach our lunch destination.

We have about 45 minutes to snorkel around in the clear waters, with the many other kayak groups that are here.

There is not much to see when snorkelling,it's just great to have crystal clear vision underwater.

The return paddle seems to be getting harder as we are tiring out, but are not the slowest in the group.

Make it back and rush to catch the resort boat back.

We are stuffed as we have paddled about 8 kms, glad to have achieved it.

Get home and straight to the pool for a couple of hours, beforing attempting the 112 stairs to our apartment.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb