Croatian Honeymoon - Dubrovnik Day 3


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
September 20th 2013
Published: November 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day three was absolutely gorgeous! We had another lovely breakfast overlooking the water and walked into the city. We were able to walk the entire parameter of the old city on the walls. With numerous additions and modifications throughout their history, they have been considered to be amongst the great fortification systems of the Middle Ages, as they were never breached by a hostile army during this time period. In 1979, the old city of Dubrovnik, which includes a substantial portion of the old walls of Dubrovnik, joined the UNESCO list of World Heritage Sites. It was about a 4-hour walk (with several hundred of our closest friends) but was breathtaking. After our long (and hot walk) we had lunch then went back to the hotel to jump into the sea. It was quite refreshing and we also got to do some relaxing and sunbathing. We had our final dinner in Dubrovnik at a restaurant just outside the city walls called Posat. The fish pate (which is a customary complimentary first course) was quite good at this place. We also shared the mixed meat platter which was WAY too much food, but oh so good. We finished the evening with some wine in our room while packing to head to our next city. We felt that Dubrovnik was touristy, but we really enjoyed it none-the-less.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb