Oe day to launching.


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
June 28th 2012
Published: June 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

P1000404P1000404P1000404

Work station for sail repairs
Thursday today and the boat is lmost ready for the water. The intention is to launch tomorrow, so at last we will be under sail.

As yet we haven't left the marina and i am feeling a little guilty as I should be going into Dubrovnik to look around since it is 7years since I was here last. We will try to get in tomorrow. We have eaten out every night as it is easier than doing stuff on the boat, but once on the water we will be eating onboard much more. In the marina there are 3 resturants but we tend to go to the one by the pool as it is a magic setting.

The 3rd crew member arrived yesterday. Doug is a friend of Martins and comes from Wellington. So a few welcome drinks then off to have a meal. the table next door kept looking at us and then asked if we were kiwis as my tshirt had a silver fern and NZ on it. They were from Auckland and had arrived in Dubrovnik that day from down south. There were 3 couples and natually we got to have conversations about were they have
P1000406P1000406P1000406

Getting the rigging ready
been etc etc. They have a very large launch with will be shipped back to NZ at the end of their trip. Conversation got onto what we did and what they did, and of couse,as happens a lot with kiwis, conections were made. Introducing Warren Stevens from Stevens Gifts Store and Paul ? from Pauls Fashions, that had about 40 stores throuhout NZ until selling up in the mid 90s. Stevens of couse was sold in 2007 so they have been out of retail for a little time. Funny thing was that they had meet Keven Harrison from Auckland when they were in Kirks, and he had told them that he was down for my retirement party. Amazing really that you can start up a conversation all these miles away from NZ and there is always common ground.

So that has been the week for me. Work on the boat with a few swims thrown in and then a few!!!! pre dinner drinks and a meal. Lifes a bitch!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

P1000411P1000411
P1000411

Pre dinner drinks
P1000415P1000415
P1000415

Dinner time
P1000416P1000416
P1000416

Pool side dining.


28th June 2012

Its a hard life when you are retired!!!!
Great to see this tonight. Must say you are getting very professional...... Must be the teacher. Enjoy yourselves as the girls will be there soon to moderate things!!!!!
29th June 2012

Life's a bitch
So here am I sitting by a fire, a screaming southerly, about 3 degrees wondering why the f*** I'm still working my arse off and not on the boat with you guys! I heard that it was even too hot to do a decent day's work. Yes, you guessed it. I'm incredibly jealous! I trust you get launched without any dramas and set sail OK. The only good news from NZ is that there is plenty of snow, so should be a good ski season. I'm looking forward to a trip with the boys to Treble Cone. A far cry from Croatia, the Greek Isles and Turkey!!
3rd July 2012

What a life!!
Well I'm very impressed with you blogging Rod!! Glad you are so obviously enjoying yourself. Let me know if you get anywhere near England - oh that's right - we/re not on the Med !! :)

Tot: 0.33s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 28; qc: 89; dbt: 0.1216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb