Time out


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
July 22nd 2011
Published: July 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

I guess it is something hard to forget. The holes in the walls in front of me remind our host of what was being a kid and waking up in the middle of the night to the sound of an alarm and gun fight to hide in the basement. In Zadar, there is not many buildings full of what reminds some of the bad time. Most people never refer to the war, life in one of the most beautiful sun destination is too precious to spend much time reliving bad memories. The beaches, the amazing weather and the stunning Island would charm even someone allergic to the sun. Welcome to the Croatian dream.

Zagreb, Zadar, Split and Dubrovnik in two weeks to make you learn a bit and discover some of the Croatian wonders. I do not know where to start. It was like having vacation in the middle of vacation. It was very relaxing to say the least. Spending time swimming between the Islands in Zadar was magic. Looking at the kids fooling around playing with the sea organ and the mini version of our solar system was just like going back when I was a kid in vacation with my folks. Zagreb was a typical capital city with the normal hidden charms and the buzz of being the capital. Split is the tourist heaven... flows of hundreds of them walking in between the souvenirs stands in the old town or going for a sea dip in one of the improvise rocky beaches. Dubrovnik is this coastal, sunny version of Quebec city. With a fortress looking over the city, it will make the kids dream of the civilization who built it. The others will only think of when they will go to bed and give them the chance to catch up with one of the many beach party.

Croatia I am glad I seen you. Special thanks to Louis who joint us for some good time and only made our trip in Dalmatia better.

Nick


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.326s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 22; qc: 97; dbt: 0.1177s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb