Venice to Komarnac, Croatia


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
May 9th 2010
Published: June 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Old town of SplitOld town of SplitOld town of Split

Really need to go back
Hi Folks Set off for Komarna, a small fishing village, 70km north of Dubrovnik in Croatia, where we had booked an apartment for the week startýng 8 May. Left the hotel in Noventa di Piave, outside Venice about 11am and headed for Split for the nýght via Slovenia. Booked a guesthouse with parking for the Kangoo one night. The satnav has given up completely with no maps for Eastern Europe at all. Bought the vignette required for drivýng on Slovenian roads at the border with Italy. It was a long drive to Split and very quýet as Eunice and me had fallen out and the sat Nav had stopped talkýng to me as well. Eventually arrýved at our choosen accommodatýon whých was located ýn Owners house very close to old town Split. This is a very interesting cýty full of old buildings and a walled old town, we both agree we should re-visit this area again sometime. We always thought that money used here was Euro wrong it is Kuna. Had a great night here pýty ýt was only the one night. After a good nights sleep we went ýn search of breakfast next morning ýn the old town to fýnd a festýval goýng on, lots of good pýctures. Left for Komarnac and the rented flat, what a fýnd thýs was. Small fýshýng village flat located on walkway overlooking the sea and the people who owned it are the friendliest and nicest we have met on our travels. They had stocked the fridge for our arrival and made homemade apple pies for us. Still hot when we got them. Oh the pressure on the waistlýnes. Thýs level of friendliness continued all week. They barbequed food for us, provided another meal and then the nýght before we left they invited us out wýth them to the local's place. We both agree this has been the best place so far. Mila the owner even advýsed us the best route to travel from there to Turkey, where to avoid and the cost of border insurance for the car we should expect to pay. Very good advýce.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Kravic Falls in BosniaKravic Falls in Bosnia
Kravic Falls in Bosnia

Like a mini Niagara
Apartment in KomarnaApartment in Komarna
Apartment in Komarna

Eunice on balcony


Tot: 0.333s; Tpl: 0.046s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb