Dubrovnik Part 2


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
July 23rd 2009
Published: July 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

During our 2nd day in Dubrovnik, we went to Banje Beach and then did the usual. Dad said that we had to walk the walls in our wet swim suits...but he stayed behind...and needless to say, I was feeling a bit like Paul from the 2003 trip. I needed Mike to watch my back in case I had to use some lube. Fortunately, it didn't get to that point. I have attached some pictures. These pics are from the 2 full days in Dubrovnik. Not just the first full day. We did talk Dad into getting back to Banje today. So...here is what we did so far...

Day 1 Arrived & went to the Old Town

Walked the Stradun and ate in the old harbor at the Poklisar...the same place we ate in 2006.

Day 2 Got out of the apartment at about noon by the time everyone slept off the jet lag and late night.

Went to the Old Town and did Lovrenac with Carrie, Debbie and the kids. Debbie was not to excited about the steps. Had lunch at the cafe at the bottom near the Nautica.

Made it across the old town and got to Banje at about 3. Spent 3 hours at Banje and then went to walk the walls.

Day 3 Got out of the apartment near 10:30 and took the van up to Mt. Srd. It was little interesting taking the van up there...Debbie was a little afraid of the heights...

Toured the museum on the mountain for the war.

Came back and went to Banje again. Left banje at about 5:30 and went to eat at Ragusa 2. Now the ladies are shopping...and I am sure dad is keeping busy waiting for me while he is watching a certain gender of people in the Stradun.

Tomorrow we are off to Korcula. We are not going via Marko Polo....we are going to do lunch in Ston and head up Peljesac from there.

Everyone is doing well...we are having alot of fun so far...

All for now...

Dovidjenja...

Joel



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



24th July 2009

Croatia:)
Looks Great! Glad to see the updates! Keep us posted!
24th July 2009

What Fun!
I am so jealous!!!! Glad you hear you guys made it and are doing well! It looks like a great time. Tell Bob it is my turn next. Love you guys and be safe!! Can't wait to see what's next. Tina
24th July 2009

Hvala
Hey Joel, Looks like a great time so far. Great you got to Banje, though I would have liked to spend more time there. Keep these coming. Bok
26th July 2009

looks like fun! the ocean is beautiful - wish we could be swimming there too. anna really likes seeing the pictures - she likes to point out abbey, ayden & especially joel. send more - can't wait to see them!

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb