Amazing Time at The Game Of Thrones Experience In Dubrovnik


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
July 19th 2019
Published: July 20th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Dubrovnik is a Southern Croatian city by the Adriatic Sea, and for a long time, it was just an old distinctive seaside paradise. Today, it is a glorious destination with a lot of vibrancy coupled with the flocking of visitors who are marveled by its preserved heritage and architecture. Without a doubt, its glorified architecture caught the eye of the producers of one of the most popular TV shows for the last decade or so - Game of Thrones. It fitted perfectly with their ideal description of a city set in a medieval fantasy period. Although there were a few special-effects edits, it must be said that a large portion of the filming perfectly utilized the old town's unique buildings as filming locations.

The show has a cult following and most of the avid viewers were fascinated by the kingdoms. It is no secret that Dubrovnik was one of the filming locations that intrigued everyone. Today, because of this fascinating obsession with the city, thousands of people are flocking here. Upon arriving, most people have come to the realization that the once quiet city was one of Europe's best-kept secrets. With its blue sea waters and sandy beaches, you can get the Game of Thrones experience courtesy of ACCESS Dubrovnik which is a tour company that 'recreates' the TV-show's fantasy with a Game of Throns tour !.

One of the filming locations is the island of Lokrum which is just 600 meters away from Dubrovnik's shoreline. As you hop onto a ferry to the island, you will notice just how dramatic the Walls of Dubrovnik are. These walls are historic and offer scenic views and they depict a perfect example of a fortified kingdom. Among the highlights of the Game of Thrones experience is when you actually get to sit on the Iron Throne. As part of the tour, you will also get to dress up as any of the Game of Thrones characters and snap up some delightful shots on your camera or phone.

The tour is so detailed that you get to feel like you are actually in one of the 'behind the scenes' segment of the TV series. From gazing out over the Blackwater Bay to taking a walk on the same path that the estranged Queen Cersei took her walk of shame, you get an in-depth insight on what it feels like to be a star. You can check out more details here about the Game of Thrones tour -

ACCESS Dubrovnik also has stellar reviews on top sites such as Trip advisor where our work is expounded more in detail. Visit our site for booking info and check out our social media pages such as Instagram, for a few highlights.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.26s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0841s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb