lazy days on the island of Brač


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Brac
July 8th 2009
Published: September 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: adriatic waves on zlatni rat beach 10 secs
Island of BračIsland of BračIsland of Brač

sunset at the Monastery
There isn't much to write about the month of July spent living and camping on the island of Brač because we didn't do much! Our campground was located in the city of Bol and we were right on the beach. The campground was situated in the back of the Dominican Monastery. We swam almost everyday, went to the Bol library and checked out books, we sat on our favorite benches over looking one beach and read tons of books, grilled all of our meals like baked potatoes and grilled cheese on the communal grill in our campground, saw two movies at the outdoor movie theatre, enjoyed an occasional Croatian beer on the beach, went grocery shopping at the Konzum and Kerum, bought fresh bread from our favorite Pekara and made friends with other campers from Slovenia, Croatia, Germany and the Netherlands. We saw many campers come and go because we stayed longer than anyone. The mom from one of our favorite Slovenian families would play the guitar at night while we fell asleep to the Adriatic's waves and her spanish sounding songs. Living on an island can't get much better than this!


Additional photos below
Photos: 61, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

our campground by the seaour campground by the sea
our campground by the sea

these were our sinks to wash clothes and make food and also the bathrooms were through the door
view from our tentview from our tent
view from our tent

we woke up every morning and watched the fish swimming
Domincan MonasteryDomincan Monastery
Domincan Monastery

our camp ground was attached to this monastery and we would see the nuns everyday and hear the church bells to tell us the time
turtle haventurtle haven
turtle haven

The Dominican Monastery had a turtle shelter in their gardens and we visited them almost every day!
Tages's 2nd Jagoda CupTages's 2nd Jagoda Cup
Tages's 2nd Jagoda Cup

this was on Tages's 28th birthday, she had two Jagoda Cups which were her favorite thing to eat in Croatia
our favorite spot on the islandour favorite spot on the island
our favorite spot on the island

this was our favorite spot on the island. there were 5 benches here that overlooked one of the medium sized beaches. we would sit here all day sometimes and read books and eat lunch. as the sun would move, we would move benches. we will always remember this spot!


22nd September 2009

A slice of Heaven
Em, you little fish. Carmenita(that was her name wasn't it?) would be proud, except you were always on a floating device instead of really swimming. Did you? You girls do such a good job of photojournalling. Second career maybe? Talk to Rick Steves, maybe he could get you a job! Love you. xoxoMOM p.s. I was hoping for a picture of that deadly sunburn you had.
23rd September 2009

Beautiful Views
What a great way to spend a month of your lives! It's very fun reading your travel blog. I think your mom is friends with my mother in law and that's how I found out about the site. Keep up the storytelling :)

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb