UK TOUR ON QUEEN ELIZABETH


Advertisement
Jersey's flag
Europe » Channel Islands
August 6th 2012
Published: August 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Monday 6th August



Well this will be the last blog until we arrive home tomorrow.



The cocktail party went off quite well but the canapés never reached us unfortunately but I am happy to say the bubbly got to us. Straight on to dinner (formal black tie event but I think my grandson has got mine so it was scarlet for me).

We went to the show afterwards and after a slight hitch with the sound when the dancers ended up not knowing what on earth was happening. It got sorted out and the show began and ran without a hitch. It was all dance some of which was good and some a bit bizarre. Off to bed ready for tomorrow morning when we arrive in St Peters Port on Guernsey.

We dropped anchor just before 9.00am after we had enjoyed our tea and coffee and went down for breakfast. We then caught one of the tenders into the town - it was a little choppy and slightly windy but lovely and sunny. We left the quayside and caught a bus that did a complete circular tour of most of the coastline all for £1 each, amazing value as we had almost fallen for a tour which would have been £15 each! When we got back to the centre we headed for the nearest coffee shop as we were gasping for a drink. Shock, horror, no coffee shop in M&S we had to go next door. A wander around the shops ensued and it rained for a short while but not too much. The whole town was heaving with people and Barry found it a bit too much with so many coming at him and behind him trying to get past over rather uneven pavement surfaces. We stuck it out for a while longer and then found somewhere to sit for a while thankfully before getting the tender back to the ship and up to the Lido for a nice cool drink. Back to the cabin to catch up on the blog and then we have to start packing but probably afternoon tea first and then serious packing. Dinner later (smart casual - no tie) Not sure about the show yet. Final packing with cases outside the room before 12.00 midnight. Up early in the morning for breakfast (no room service unfortunately) and then to wait until we are called to disembark, collect the car (hoping that the house keys are still where they fell inside when we left the car for parking) drive off back home collecting Tilly our cat on the way.

Hope our readers have enjoyed the blog even without many photos. Peter my next door neighbour will have a right old go at me because of this when we get home. Ah well you can’t have everything.

We have had a great trip, poor Nicky has had a lot to put up with as I was so slow at times but couldn’t help it. Bye from us both. XXX

Advertisement



Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb