Beautiful Jersey Island


Advertisement
Jersey's flag
Europe » Channel Islands
November 19th 2007
Published: November 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Thursday, Oct 4th

Today, we had to get to Gatwick Airport to leave for Jersey. So after we got off the tubes in London, we caught the Gatwick Express and boarded our 30 min flight to Spike! What a beautiful little island it is.. It has such a laid-back atmosphere, and the people are so friendly.. We were also amazed at how the climate was so different to the UK’s, it was like summer still! We actually spent most of the time on the beach it was so warm. After Spikey fetched us from the airport,we went to the harbour to have a drink. We then had to go to the pharmacy cause dougie needed something to sort out his full tummy!( Still from dinner the night before!)Especially because we were going out for diner again that night! So after this, we went home, got ready, and then met Spike’s mate Colin for dinner at “The Boathouse”. We had a lovely dinner once again, then Spike took us for some drinks at a larny place called “Bohemia”.

Friday, Oct 5th

We got up at about 8 today, and went for breakfast at a cute little café on the beachfront. While we were here, we tried to decide on the plans for the day, and didn’t get too far as I was left to make the decision! So Spike then suggested that we drive to different beaches and see what summer activities were still on.. The first one was called St Ouen’s Bay, and unfortunately the surfing lessons there were over for the season. So we then tried Jet Skiing at St Aubin’s Bay, and were told that we could do it the following day. With this is mind, we thought we would go and catch some sun at St Brelade’s Beach, and have a bite to eat at the café there. I couldn’t help myself and ordered a huge Knicker-berry Glory Ice-cream with Berries and jersey cream!! Yum.. At about 3 pm, Spike said he would take us for a little tour around the island, and we basically drove around the whole circumference in less than two hours! Jersey is only 9 miles long.. It was really beautiful, and from one side of the island you can actually see France.
After our little tour, we thought we would go home and get ready to go out again, and also grab a pizza for dinner! ( Spike reckoned eating out much more simple than playing mum in the kitchen, hey Spike?)hehehe.. So we went to Pizza Express first, then went to a newly opened bar/restaurant called “The Yacht”. Had a lovely time, thanks spike!

Saturday, Oct 6th

As there was the important rugby game of Eng vs Aus today we knew that watching this was the priority of the day, so all our plans were based around this! We woke up reasonably early and then went for a run along the beach promenade. We then went and had another great breakfast at a little café on St. Brelades beach, then returned to the sand for some more sun! We were also introduced to a strange-looking game, called Boules (or “petonk” (sp) as Spike calls it!) We were a little apprehensive at first, and it turns out that all we had to do was throw a little wooden ball anywhere on the sand, and then it is a competition between two, to see who can throw a huge metal ball the closest to the wooden one! Sounds funny, but it was actually quite good fun! We had a few laughs too, as I was the Boules champion,which neither Doug nor Spike could handle! Hehe They claimed that I only won cause I “played by my own rules”! hehe… After quite a bit of sun, and a few rounds of “Petonk”, we thought we would go and see if the Jet-skiing was still open at St Aubin’s beach. Luckily it was, so we went out into the sea with them for a bit! We had so much fun, and there were quite a few waves too, which made it even more exciting! Spike almost died of fright with me driving at first, but then I think he realised that I wasn’t such a bad “ woman driver! ” Shame, he also had to put up with my hair flicking him in the face as we were going!! hehe.. After a while we left the beach with our Adrenaline seriously running, just in time for the rugby. It was quite a shocking result, as no one expected the pomms to beat the aussies!(YES Spike we'll give you this one, but the Boks still reign!!) We were quite chuffed though, and I don’t think we could’ve been seen supporting the opposition in an English pub anyway!! After this, we went back home to get ready for another meal at “The Boathouse” with Spike and another friend, Mike. We had a really good meal again, and then went to a little bar for a few drinks afterwards. Didn’t have too much of a late night as we were leaving early the next day..

Sunday, Oct 7th

Today we woke up at about 6 am, and finished our last bits of packing. We couldn’t believe how quickly time had gone, and sooner than we realised it, we were back on the plane back to London! We arrived at Gatwick airport at about 10 am, and were due to catch the train back to London soon after that. Unfortunately, most of the rail network was down due to someone committing suicide and jumping in front of a train! So we were delayed there for about two hours, and also had to cancel our lunch with Karl(one of Dougie’s old mates) We finally got back to Acton station at about 2, and luckily Jay and Clare kindly came and fetched us which saved another trip on the bus!! Thanks guys! We arrived back at their house, and had to some unpacking and re-packing for Norwich, as we were going to stay with my aunt, Lindy the next day..


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb