Channel Islands - Guernsey


Advertisement
Jersey's flag
Europe » Channel Islands » Guernsey
August 28th 2015
Published: September 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

29th



J & W went off exploring the island by bus this morning – Phil and I did some little jobs on the boat then caught a bus out to meet them at the shipwreck museum at Fort Grey in the afternoon. Not such a big museum, but nice to explore the island a little bit more. Overcast when we left but raining quite convincingly once we got there! Last night tonight so J & W took us out for dinner at the Thai restaurant. Very nice meals...once again, slightly different takes on the normal meals for most of them, however the Penang was totally different...never had it like that before.







30th August



Up early this morning as John and Wendy were leaving. Taxi booked for 0800 so had a coffee with them before it arrived. Walked them up to taxi...sad to say goodbye after having such a great time together again. Oh well, they’ll be back!!!



On the way back to boat we stopped and chatted to the couple next to us on the other side of the pontoon. Allen and Roz – a couple from UK and are planning to do a circumnavigation starting next year, so are getting the boat ready. Had a coffee with them and a long chat. Then, Duncan and Caroline from “Maggie Drum” came over. They’re another Aussie couple and came in last night. So, had a coffee with them and caught up with their travels. Will probably see them a bit in the next few days as they’re heading to Jersey too. So lots of socialising this morning...all before 11am!! Could see markets happening in the main street, so went off to explore them. 2 massive cruise ships are anchored out this morning, so there are people everywhere. Also it’s the Guernsey Marathon, so lots happening. With the normal markets is also a ‘taste of Normandy’ happening. Lots of food and produce stalls from Normandy over for the long weekend. Sun was shining, so a lovely day. Went for a short bike ride this afternoon, but my gears have seized, so no easy peddling...also looks like Phil might have a puncture. Will have to do some bike maintenance in Jersey!!







31st August



Were going to sail to Jersey today – depending on the weather….but when we got up it was raining and foggy and not a nice day at all. So we didn’t go. Stayed another day in Guernsey, mostly on boat as the weather didn’t really clear till the afternoon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb