Interesting Campsite


Advertisement
Bulgaria's flag
Europe » Bulgaria
June 29th 2015
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.2167, 27.9167

28<sup>th</sup> June Bulgaria Camping Laguna beach Apparently Laguna means Nudist Beach in Bulgarian

Summary of Romania's east coast is… it's a shambles. I suppose we happened to drive head long into one of its Beach Resort town at the start of their summer holidays and also a Saturday night… So the place was packed and the music was pumping.

I would also like to postulate another theory on the Romanian road hierarchy. It would appear that your position on the road is directly proportional to the amount of capital expended on said motor vehicle. The bigger the dollar value seems to imply they have the right of way.. which is conveyed in a very calm manner in some very fast overtaking and not abiding by the township road speed limits.

Anyway so after Transylvania (the heart of Rainomania which we bailed out off, bailed being the key word as the place looked like it was heading for serious flooding) the East Coast was of little interest with the exception of the mosquito plague which given we were not sure if Rainomania has any mosquito borne nasties we decided discretion was required and headed due south to Bulgaria… The border crossing was relatively uneventful and we meandered down the road towards Varna. We spotted a camping sign indicating Camp Laguna was just ahead. So we pulled in had a quick look and said yep all good. Quickly setup the tent and put on our swimmers ready for a swim in the Black Sea… which is for the record blue, (I could recall we made similar comments about the Red sea when we were there) down to the beach we go as it is fairly hot…. The path down to the beach was fairly steep, a cliff track to be exact and I was in front fairly focused on the cool water. Lisa toddling along behind, said … hey something is not right they haven't got any bathers on…. Bugger me she was right.. It would seem most of the other beach goers had forgotten their swimmers but given it was pretty hot decided to swim regardless. Well that is what we decided happened anyway. The facts are probably more along the lines of we could not read the Bulgarian sign which apparently said buff is good bathers are for men with little weenies…. Haha so off with my bathers I went….. haha no I did not the water was cold and I did not want to let Australia down with a shrunken image.

So interestingly enough it was quite fascinating to watch the naked ego thing in a Napoleon style stance weaponry on the ready. I think you guys will get the idea anyway given we had established camp and could not be bothered moving we did not let such details worry us and had a refreshingly pleasant evening in the much quieter camp.

Advertisement



28th June 2015

Where's the photos of the lovely beach?
29th June 2015

Hello. Hot & sunny here too. Sounds like you're on an interesting "water"focused section of the trip ... Off to beach myself tomorrow, as retired folk can do at the drop of a bikini( though that may be a bit much for the rest of the su
n bathers.... ) B x
30th June 2015

Hey guys, you would be surprised what's going on at a beach in eastern germany ... :-))

Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb