27 July - Bulgaria


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Saved: October 19th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We have crossed another border and are now in Bulgaria for 2 days at a camp site WITH A SWIMMING POOL. Great excitement. Obviously today was another truck day so thought this may be a good opportunity to tell you all how the days work.

There are 2 types of day - stopovers or moving on. If we have to move on then breakfast is either 6 or 7 so that we can leave at 7 or 8 respectively. The cook team need to be preparing breakfast from half an hour beforehand, and everyone needs to be packed up and loaded by the leaving time. Moving on breakfast is cereal, toast, fruit, tea and coffee. Cook team get everything out and make the toast and everyone helps themselves and washes their own cutlery and (tin) plates and bowls. If we are stopping over then breakfast can be at anytime from 7 to 8.30 depending what the opportunities are for the day, but the cook team have to prepare a cooked breakfast.

Then if we are moving on it is all aboard, quick head count and we are away. Normally we have comfort breaks every 2 - 3 hours and visit a supermarket for our own lunch, and the cook team need to shop for the evening meal. We usually get there late afternoon, ready to pitch our tents and for supper at 7. Then we are free till we fall into bed. The camp sites have varied in standards and we haven't been to a hostel yet.

Next stop is Istanbul in Turkey, apparently there are large queues at the border, so plenty of time to get on with the knitting! As you can imagine communicating from there may be difficult, but we won't take any unnecessary risks. So - don't panic if you don't hear from me for a while. If there are any problems then I will send texts to Gill, Darren, Matthew and Chris - assume no news is good news. Updates soon..

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

30th July 2016

Loving reading about the adventure
Sounds so much fun Felicity. You are very brave traveling like this, enjoy and stay safe! ?

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb