PISSED OFF!


Advertisement
Bulgaria's flag
Europe » Bulgaria » Plovdiv Province » Plovdiv
August 6th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Old TownOld TownOld Town

some door in the old town...
As you can tell, all my previous entries ALL GONE!!!! AHHHHHHH ><"
I have short memories ma..that's why i write this freakin blog.....
and my writing journal isn't as detailed in words as this blog....damnit.

Anyways, got a lot to backtrack..haaa..
I think I wrote stuff about Odessa? but its not here....maybe they can recover those ones...which will be great..
anyways,

in Bulgaria still...Great Place!!!

This was the town I went after Sofia. Very beautiful old town!! The hostel I went in was wonderful with the best hostel staff I have met so far!!!!
They informed us about this bagpipe competition in this VERY remote village in the mountains, and Peter, the hostel guy, arranged a day trip with his car to send some of us there!!! So nice!!
So, the next day went off to this Gela Village, the ride was LONG...>_<" got carsick...-__-"

Anyways, arrived and WOWOWOWOWOW!! That's what I call Eastern Europe!!
Only village houses miles away, mountains, all visitors had to camp, small old wooden chapel for the religious ones...a stage and food stalls, constant music, dancing..
It was SOSOSO traditional, fun and nice!!!!!! besides cars, you really can't find much civilization around.....but
Artist!Artist!Artist!

Always drawing the same scene...
in a nice way=)
Loved it. The music was ok...they all sounded the same after an hour or so...but the instrument itself was very cool!

Stayed there for couple of hours and then it started to rain...so we decided to leave.
On our way we walked up this fortress...nice view.^^"



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Traditional Bulgarian Kar....sth.Traditional Bulgarian Kar....sth.
Traditional Bulgarian Kar....sth.

See how bad my memory is??? Though, this is goooood fooooood!
Plovdiv Folk FestivalPlovdiv Folk Festival
Plovdiv Folk Festival

Right in time for the last show!!!
BBQ at Gela!BBQ at Gela!
BBQ at Gela!

The food stalls at Gela Village!! SMELLLLLS GOOOOOOOD!!
Fast foood.Fast foood.
Fast foood.

Meat. meat and meat. Oil, oil and oil.
BagPipe!BagPipe!
BagPipe!

Interesting instrument!
Dancing!Dancing!
Dancing!

one two three skip to the left, one two three four five six hop to the right!....at least sth like that..haaa!
more dancing!more dancing!
more dancing!

The vibe is SOOO gooooood!
Probably worst than the No Smoking sign ne?Probably worst than the No Smoking sign ne?
Probably worst than the No Smoking sign ne?

haa..who would like this over here??
Fortress ChapelFortress Chapel
Fortress Chapel

Nice chapel up the fortress!
Peter and the hostel group!!Peter and the hostel group!!
Peter and the hostel group!!

Such nice people! Peter rocks!! (the guy in red..)


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb