Day 53


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Brussels-Capital Region » Brussels
July 10th 2015
Published: July 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Easy day as we spend it strolling the streets of Belgium.

We headed off up to some of the monuments we had seen on the bus in the rain.

Walking past Parliament House to see a heavy presence of police and army as we head towards the massive triumphant arches at the end of the road.

Next building to pass was the European commission and also heavily guarded, as this was possibly the meeting place to do with the Greek crisis. This was another huge building going three ways from the centre.

We then have a look around the arches, before walking back into town.

On the way back we pass one of the royal palaces, but are not quiet sure if it gets used, although they did have it guarded.

Back into the Grand Place and we find the museum where the little boy peeing has all his costumes kept.

He has over 800 costumes from all over the world and we hunt for the Australian one.

Unfortunately there is no Aussie costume for the little boy, so we leave disappointed.

We head back down to the statue to see if anyone had dressed him, as they put costumes on him infrequently, but he was still naked.

In that area, there are many more chocolate shops, so we buy some samples and indulge.

I also try a waffle with choc coated strawberries as Belgium waffles are also on every corner.

Another discovery while walking is some Australian made ice cream shops. We wonder what this Aussie ice cream is selling in Belgium?

We head back fairly satisfied that we have seen Belgium and its offerings.

Going out for a nice dinner for one of our last nights in Europe.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb