On the night train


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium
April 18th 2005
Published: January 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Brugge, BelgiumBrugge, BelgiumBrugge, Belgium

The lake of love.
Today we had to leave Brugge. We had a nice breakfust and set out towards the train station. On the way we walked to "the lake of love." It was really pretty there - lots of swans. We got to the train station with a bit of time left so Adam went out to pick up some more chocolates before we left. He made it back JUST in time and we go ton the train to Amsterdam (which stopped off in Antwerpen).
In Amsterdam we waited in a timely line and made reservations for a night train to Munich. Afterwards we took a costly cab across town to the Van Gogh Museum. It was pretty cool to see his original paintings. Being able to see the texture of his strokes and ammount of paint used really enhances the pieces. The colors were amazing too - on some works the skies were just gorgeous. I'm really happy we got to go.
We took a bus/train thing back to the station, but ducked into an internet cafe for 20 minutes. They had American keyboards this time, so e-mail went much faster. We walked around a bit, picked up some snacks, ate some lunch
Brugge, BelgiumBrugge, BelgiumBrugge, Belgium

A Monestary we walked into on the way to the train station.
and then realized we needed reservations from Munich to Verona -- so back to the lengthly line. WE got them taken care of and boarded our train. Adam and I are on the top bunks, and a guy is on the one below me. It'll be slightly strange to sleep with a random person on here, but it sure beats being on the boat!
It's kind of nice to be able to lay down, although it's a pretty small space.
We arrive tomorrow in Munich at 7:16am, then go to Verona, and then finally to Venice.
Oh yeah -- the chocolates Adam bought (and we consumed) were delicious -- I especially loved this flower-shapped one filled with vanilla goodness. There was also peppermint filled, champagne filled, and some chocolate filled. MMM!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb