Eurotrip 2009 - Day 16


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » West Flanders » Bruges
December 24th 2009
Published: April 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Bruges


24/05/2009



Our day started with a couple of flights of stairs from our attic room down to the breakfast area and ground level. It takes some serious consentration to navigate down the narrow stairs without getting your footing wrong. Leon had a couple of close calls and almost bought the farm/hotel twice.

Breakfast consisted of the usual, bread, cold meats, cheese, yoghurt, fruit juice, and tea. You eat like it’s your last meal because a day of exploring can be extremely tiring so we need the energy, and it helps that everything at the buffet table is fresh and yummy.
We had 3 must-do items on our list for the day, Salvador Dali exhibition in Market Square, Belfry Tower…all the way up and the Basilica of the Holy Blood in Burg Square.

The Dali exhibition was not as complete as we hoped it would be, missing many of his more famous works. Nevertheless it was still very interesting to see. From the works displayed you can clearly see the Dali lived for the arts and loved to paint and draw all sorts of abstract things that he came up with.



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

From the Belfry towerFrom the Belfry tower
From the Belfry tower

366 steps up and then down again, round and round on the spiral staircase.
Makrt PleinMakrt Plein
Makrt Plein

A tilt-shift edit on our photo
The bellThe bell
The bell

It quite loud when its rings next to you.
Markt Plein cafeMarkt Plein cafe
Markt Plein cafe

One of the more expensive lunches you can do.
Inside the BHBInside the BHB
Inside the BHB

It's very quiet in here.
Relic of the Holy BloodRelic of the Holy Blood
Relic of the Holy Blood

You can go up close and touch it and then donate some money for the extreme privilege.
The dogThe dog
The dog

Most photographed dog in Bruges
Canal tour boatCanal tour boat
Canal tour boat

It's obvious that it's spring time in Bruges.


Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1149s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb