Eurorail Trip Day 6


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » West Flanders » Bruges
July 11th 2009
Published: July 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today started off worst than any of the days we have had so far. Gail woke up with bites from head to toe, no idea what they were from when we woke up but as the day moved on we found out something we didn’t want to know. After an hour of debating what to do with the hotel manager we ended up at the pharmacy down the road and thank goodness after much French-English deciphering got the stuff that we needed. Some anti histamines and some cream to stop the itching.

We then returned to the hotel with our sample bug, which was rather huge and ugly looking and the hotel manager had gone upstairs and had our bed removed to be replaced, to little-to late for us but any way once the bed was removed we could see the entire infestation eggs etc, it was completely revolting.

We then chilled a little in the lobby booked some more hostels for the rest of the trip and got ready to go and catch our train to Bruges. The trains are amazing truely. The boarding starts 5 minutes before departure and in 5 minutes the train leaves on time. Truely is miraculous. Anyway the journey was long as we changed in Lille to another train to Brussels and then changed again in Brussels to again another train to take us to Bruges.

After finally getting to Bruges, we found our first hostel relatively easily after almost getting run over by bicycles, bruge is a very small town and most ppl ride bikes, its amazing they have there own lanes and if you not careful they will ride you over. Anyway we settled in and walked in to the city centre which took all of 7 minutes. We had some quiet dinner at a little Chinease place which was completly stunning and we took some pictures of the canal at night and the city its self. After a day this long we settled in to sleep as early as we could for tomorrow as going to be a long one.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb