Waterloo, The Monument


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Walloon Brabant » Waterloo
June 26th 2014
Published: June 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

This was a day to reorganize and get ready for the next leg of this trip. Kids slept late, Dale and I sat and drank coffee. Ghislan had already been to the bakery and bought pastries for the kids, rolls for everyone and gluten free whole grain bread for me. My bread was still warm from the oven, OMG so fresh and so good. Why can’t we find this at home? The bakery is located in a little village and Bakersfield is big. Unfortunately, for everyone but me, Elias ate nearly all of the pastries, there was nothing left for the other kids. So, off we went to the bakery shop with all of the kids so they could choose what they wanted.

We took the kids to Waterloo, the site where Napoleon lost his battle, to see the site of the Lion and the museum with depictions of the battle. It was amazing to see how the place has changed but is still the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterloo,_Belgium



Because Pascaline and Ghislain have only recently bought their bbq we showed them how to BBQ a whole chicken along with potatoes and corn on the cob. The night
Fields of WaterlooFields of WaterlooFields of Waterloo

Part of the battle of Waterloo took place here. The roof of the farmhouse burned.
before we did a marinade for chicken of Tequila, lime juice. Olive oil and garlic with chicken, some corn on the cob and zucchini. All served with great red wine; Bordeaux from France.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.367s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1084s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb