Ferry to Calais and Ghent (Belgium) 06 & 07 & 08/06/08


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » East Flanders » Gent
June 19th 2008
Published: June 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We made our way from Torquay to Dover which was quite a drive. I think it took about 5 hours. Our ferry wasnt until 4am the next morning so we stopped at a reststop and had a few hours sleep. Boarded the ferry which only took 90 mins to cross the English channel. Arrived in Calais, France then started driving towards Belgium. We stopped at a rest stop on the way for a bit of a sleep cos we were quite tired. When we woke up I realised that I had left the headlights on so the battery was dead flat. We managed to get a jump start from a tow truck which turned out quite costly. Once we were back on the road we headed to Ghent for the night. Stayed a quite a nice camp ground close to the city. That night we just chilled out really and drank a few nice Belgium beers. It was raining so hard that day that the campground got a bit flooded.
The next day in Ghent we rode our bikes into the city and had a walk around. We just spent most the day checking out the sites. It was a really nice city very similar to Brugge except a bit bigger and less Tourists. We then just spent the night chilling at the campground.



Additional photos below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



20th June 2008

Drinks
Belgium beers are bloody good, but what was that green shit???
23rd June 2008

Green shit??
Hey guys The Belgium beers are beautiful but what is that green shit and what did it taste like??!!

Tot: 0.268s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb