Brussels Christmas Market


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Brussels-Capital Region
December 8th 2009
Published: December 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Brussels Christmas Market happens every year in Place St. Catherine. They set-up tons of wooden sheds along the square and they decorate each one with lights and holly. Theres a big skating rink in the middle of the market and a ferris wheel at one end. There are many sheds that sell goods like hats and candles, but for every one shed that sells items, there was like five that sold food! Everything from mulled hot wine to potatoes and swiss cheese to hot cherry beer to boudin sausages, which are the famous sausages in Belgium. Its a really beautiful atmosphere and was lots of fun to sample all the delicious food and drink and to just walk around. It really puts you in the Christmas spirit!

Just beside Place St. Catherine, where the Christmas Market is, theres the Grand Place and they have a huge Christmas tree there with a live nativity beside it. Its a live nativity because there are real animals fenced in around the manger. At night, there is a music and light show displayed on the old town hall in the Grand Place - its really beautiful to see!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Live nativityLive nativity
Live nativity

well only the animals are live...
Live nativityLive nativity
Live nativity

...not the people


8th December 2009

Skating
That ice rink looks so shiny in that one photo that almost doesn't look real! And those sheds definitely look cute.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb