Love the taste of Belgium


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Brussels-Capital Region » Brussels
September 21st 2006
Published: September 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Brussels is a heady mix of full flavoured (and extra strength) beer, dark rich chocolate, magnificent buildings and horrible city planning. When I past through last time I was not excited about going back but after a short stay I was glad to go back. It's an interesting city, not exactly the cleanest or the nicest smelling, but definately pleasent enough. It's not a place that makes an effort to impress but will surprise an un-suspecting visitor who not expecting greatness. The main square is definately a highlight with its gothic architecture and excellent cafes.

The other great highlight was the Atonium. A space aged piece of junk left over from the World Fair held in 1958, the Atonium is quite an impressive sight. Sticking over 100 metres in the air, it is a massive replica of an atom. The beauty of it was the ability to walk all the through it and get some great views of the city. Our stay in Brussels was short and I don't know about everybody else, but I quite enjoyed it. Sorry for the quick blogs but a world wind tour doesn't provide a great amount to rave on about lol. Anyways having a great time, cheers for the comments and catch y'all later. Next blog from Luxembourg. PEACE CAMO!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

The Brussels' urinalThe Brussels' urinal
The Brussels' urinal

...or was it???
CubeCube
Cube

Don't park your car in the wrong spot in Brussels
All too much for shaneAll too much for shane
All too much for shane

Brussels to Luxembourg. Still recovering from Amsterdam


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb