What time is lunch?


Advertisement
Published: May 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Though the forecast was for rain, it was a mostly sunny, breezy day. We had another good run on the Brussels underground today. (Good run = no errors, backtracks, or missed stops.)

Brendan had a full day planned for us. We went first to the Royal Army and Military History Museum. It turned out to be much larger and more elaborate than we expected. Most of the signs and write-ups were dual language French and Dutch so we opted for the audio tour widgets that are recorded in English. This turned out to be great as that provided much more info than was on the signs. (How could we tell? We just could.) For example I now know all about the lineage of the monarchy and what each one looked like.

After that we headed off to the Belgium Comic Strip Center. They take comic strip art very seriously in Belgium. Along the way there we went by the EU Commission building. In that part of town security is very visible and the traffic was nonstop.

We have been in Brussels for four days now and still don't quite understand the meal schedule. Restaurants are sometimes open for breakfast, maybe close for a time, then reopen at lunch time, then maybe close for a time, then open later for dinner. We never seem to hit it quite right and once again we missed out on lunch. We made up for it later though by getting some sugared waffles from one of the many waffle shops.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb