Brussels


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Brussels-Capital Region » Brussels
October 7th 2014
Published: November 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

7thOctober



Day trip to Brussels. The long way round. Would’ve been quicker to go from Oosteand, but we really wanted to get further up the coast yesterday. So, we caught a tram from Zeebrugg to Knooke, then a train to Brussels. In Brussels we got on the red sightseer hop on hop off bus. The best way to see a city as an overview. That took most of the day, and then we had a little walk around the city centre. The market place was just amazing. Not because of the markets (there were none) but due to the massive, ornate buildings surrounding the square. We found the little Mannequin Pis – well not the original, that’s in the Royal Palace, but we found the replica. He’s been stolen by the French soldiers at one stage and a big drama to rescue him!! AND I had yet another waffle. I was going to avoid them, but you see, there was this deal that if you showed your bus ticket, you got the waffle for just 1 Euro. Now how can you ignore that deal? Back on the train and tram to boat....by 9pm. But of a showery day, but not enough to be a hassle.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.509s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 65; dbt: 0.1858s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb