Laundry and Brussels in the rain


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Brussels-Capital Region » Brussels
September 8th 2022
Published: September 8th 2022
Edit Blog Post

We started out today at Wasbar which is a restaurant/coffee house with washers and dryers (the machines have names like Xavier and Amelie). Had pleasant lunch while we waited. We even left for a while to get some Euros. There is an attendant who will move your wash into the dryer and then make you a latte.

Last night we learned that there is a rail strike in the Netherlands and our train was cancelled. Had to scurry around for a solution. A one way car rental was $300 minimum so we settled on a a bus which leaves from the North Brussels train station at 1:00 pm. No idea how we are going to get to that station. I am working on that issue now.

Obviously, we got a late start but wandered around the Grand Place (which is vast if you count the adjoining streets). Bought some Neuhaus Chocolate - a Belgian favorite. Saw the Mannikin Pis as every tourist to Brussels does. If shopping is your thing, you'll find it here. We are not shoppers and hung it up after a couple hours. Had dinner at Wagamama - a noodle place we frequent when in London. Got back to our place just as a series of squalls with lightning rolled through the area with driving rain. Just finish repacking for our morning departure. Tomorrow will be all about buses and getting to Amsterdam.

Do not know at this point how Elizabeth's passing will affect our stay in London the week of September 26th. We are hoping to dodge the funeral and Charles' coronation but who knows at this point how all that will play out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb