Vienna in 2 days


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria
May 20th 2016
Published: May 20th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We’re back in Austria! Having already been to Salzburg and Innsbruckin the run up to Christmas last year, the final place we wanted to visit was Vienna and we decided to go on the way back north through Europe this year. We stayed at a great free stellplatz at Kriztendorf train station and caught the train in to the centre each day, a great way of doing it. We had really nice weather all weekend with temperatures just tipping over the 20 degree mark each day which meant we were able to really take in the architecture and sights and sit on the grass in the park with an ice cream!

Vienna is another city that there is enough to do to spend a week there but the biggest and most impressive sites are the cathedral and all around the innerstadt area where all the musuems and shops are. We walked all around the main sites and went into the Schatzkammer (€12 each) to see the Habsburg Crown Jewels and supposedly an actual thorn from Christ’s crown and a cross made with an actual piece of Christ’s cross.

We made this video so that you can get a taste of what the city is like…



Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb