Graz


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria
July 2nd 2014
Published: July 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today was our only full day in the Austrian city of Graz, or it would have been except Lizzie didn't wake up until the afternoon. I woke up at 11 but it gave me time to research the next few places we're going.
The weather was a bit dodgy so after some faffing about trying to decide on suitable attire, we left and had breakfast/lunch at a cute little cafe called the Granola Company. This included 'breakfast in a jar', which is yoghurt, blackberry jam, granola pieces and fruit in a massive jar; we shared one and we still couldn't finish it although it was really nice.
Afterwards we wondered into the centre and found a bridge with the padlocks of lovers on it, like the one in Paris. It was very cute. Then we found ourselves at the bottom of the Schlossberg, which is one of the main attractions of the city. It consisted a massive hill with 260 steps to the top, which we of course climbed. The views at the top were 100% worth it, with a 360° view of Graz. We found a little souvenir shop at the top and I made Lizzie stay in it with me for way too long while I messed around sorting out my several postcards but in the end we made it out. After sitting at the top for a while and taking numerous Snapchats, we made our way back down. We saw the Rathaus and walked around the centre for a while.
By that time it was evening, and we wondered back at the hostel, stopping at the supermarket for dinner. Now we're sitting with a Desperados for me and a Corona for Liz, relaxing and listening to the crazy thunderstorm which prevented us from going out.
Slovenia tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb