Innsbruck


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria
May 24th 2012
Published: May 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we set off by train to Innsbruck. It was an adventure in itself, having to catch 3 trains and making sure we were on the right platforms and getting off at the right stations! For lunch we had squashed bread rolls from our hotel breakfast. As we approached Innsbruck the scenery became dramatic, with snow-capped mountains appearing all around us as we travelled through a valley. The town of Innsbruck has an old city centre just like Heidelberg, and plenty of students as it is also a university town.

Because of the dramatic mountains and obvious winter sporting attractions, plenty of the local shops only cater for the top of the market. So looks like not much shopping will be done here..... We still had a lovely walk past the Inn River, flowing rapidly due to the melting snow peaks above, checked some of the local beauty spots which include the stone Triumphal Arch and found an outdoor eatery for our evening drink and dinner. I had a cocktail while Dan comtinued with our beer tradition. I am getting used to waiting for table service and the eventual presentation of the bill which is definitely not rushed to the table.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



27th May 2012

Lucky you
Hi Deb, What a wonderful experience for you and to share it with your son, the icing on cake. Continue your amazing journey and we look forward to seeing you soon. Cheers from, Lorraine
27th May 2012

Thanks
Hi Lorraine We are having a wonderful time and will have much to share when I get back. Missing all my red hat ladies.

Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.078s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb