ENTRY 23 -- DOPPELGäNGER


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria
March 12th 1987
Published: January 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

An Excerpt from the Travel Journal of Nigel Fox circa 1925






Entry 23 -- DOPPELGäNGER



Nov 10, 1923 - Alfred Horn crossed his legs, leaned back comfortably in a high-backed rattan chair and let his gaze fall upon the spectacular mountains for which Austria was famous. This particular view never ceased to comfort him: the sheltered mountain chalet had begun to feel like home. He had fully recovered from his surgery and was still marvelling that Dr Fuchs was every bit the surgeon his comrade Hans had promised.

When Hans finally arrived, Alfred Horn was troubled. Having agreed to his friend's request, it now seemed to have no purpose. He turned to confront his companion: "The revolt failed; the Party has been disbanded; the Armanenshaft has been destroyed; their leaders have been killed or utterly discredited…"

Hans shook his head. "You are wrong. I cannot explain it in any way that will convince you, but I beg you to continue with the plan for a little while longer. Then, if you feel it is folly, you may return to South Africa."

"Jawohl!" Alfred Horn snapped. He had spent the last several weeks studying recordings and films of the party secretary.

Hans laughed. "You have picked up his mannerisms and accent exactly. We must act now before he is arrested; nobody will suspect a thing"


A Miracle of Modern Science



The reconstructive surgery was truly a miracle of modern science. Next agents had replaced Brother Rudy's dental and medical records; both Alfred and Rudy had been wounded in the Great War but the wounds were different. Even an "official" biography was produced to tie up any loose ends. Nothing had been left to chance! The cover story would be that Brother Rudy along with some SA men had taken hostages from the beerhall. However the hostages escaped and Rudy fled to the Haushofers' residence; then to Austria...

After dressing in Brother Rudy's clothes, donning his rings and other paraphernalia, Alfred Horn returned to Munich to receive a sentence and join the remaining members of the Armanenshaft. If the Brothers in Landsburg prison did notice any differences in Brother Rudy, it was attributed to the abuse he had sustained at the hands of his captors. Welcoming him back with open arms, they were elated at Rudy's loyalty, reflected by the suffering he had endured for the cause. He was quickly reinstated as secretary and aided the Wolf with his autobiography: "My Struggle".





Links:

Prison Photo: Armanenshaft Leaders

Advertisement



10th August 2011

Entry 23 -- OPERATION DOPPELGäNGER
The Entry 23 -- The mystery of Rudolf Hess continues to this day!
18th August 2011

John Steer Fix
I have fixed material per John Steer.
16th September 2011

ENTRY 23 -- DOPPELGäNGER
Interesting
17th October 2011

Cool
Cool

Tot: 0.286s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb