Innsbruck


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria
October 24th 2015
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 47.2627, 11.3947

After a drive through Northern Italy we arrived at Innsbruck. The entire drive was effected on the autostrada for a total toll of 33.10 Euro or close to $37. (the dollar strengthened a bit over the last day or so). But my gosh that was much more than burning their $6. plus gas. Bird is quick to interject, "however it was beautiful mile after mile", and indeed she is correct (for a change).

This is the first time on a four lane limited access highway that we have been treated to such extended and beautiful scenery. Unfortunately the photos do not adequately capture the colors and depth, so partly you will just have to trust us, difficult as that is.

We arrived somewhat before four. After checking in etc. we left for a walking tour of a very pretty Innsbruck (our hotel is in the center of town). While we obviously enjoyed the sights of Italy, it was great to be in the mountains again and see Bavarian (in this case Tyrolean) architecture.

We took a cable car one third of the way to the top of surrounding mountains. Tried to catch the gondola to the top but arrived fifteen minutes after the last ride. They are skiing there, and we will show you a poster of this weekend's race to prove it.

We have two more one night stands. One in Rothenburg and one in Frankfurt before flying west to see our favorite daughter (Sally) and our three monsters (okay, we imagine we are also looking forward to seeing our other four children).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.268s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb