Day 41 - Paris to Vienna to Bangkok


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna
July 30th 2016
Published: July 31st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Not too much of a sleep in this morning. Need to pack our bags - much easier as Chris has less than half of what she started out with along with my shoes, etc. Yes, bag fairy has passed us again.
Bags packed and ready to be out by around 1100. Not bad - photos of the room and front of house then we check if Chris can get a haircut from the hairdresser around the corner. Honestly, this place everything very close by. She can do it straight away so in she goes, I park the bags in the shop and wander off to look at other things.Come back just before the allocated half hour and Chris is just being brushed down. I get to pay and then we head off. A short walk which takes us past the Eiffel Tower for the last time. We go past the place we stayed at last time we were in Paris. Actually stop at the cafe on the corner for a bite and drinks - coffee and lemonade..... Off to the bus and get there with 5 minutes to spare. Confronted by women with clipboards asking if we speak English. Ignore them like Dan (tour guide said to do). A concierge from the hotel,is out talking to the bus bag handler and he turns to them and says he speaks English. They move away very quickly because they know that they have been sprung. Evident the trick is that they ask a bunch of questions then say that will cost you for taking part in their survey. The concierge said they can make over €20 an hour... On the bus and out of town, via the Eiffel Tower again and then the Arch de Triomphe. Finally on the motorway and in no time arrive at the airport. Good service and not too expensive. Do our duty free tax stuff and then wait a bit. Finally they start check in - we get to cheat the queues as we are business class again. Nice... Into the airport and up to the lounge for a drink and toilet break. On the plane quickly again, gotta love this BC. Our first leg is Paris to Vienna then a short stopover of about 1.5 hours then to Bangkok. No dramas with the first leg. food is good and service good. We get off plane and move to the next gate for our Bangkok flight. People everywhere waiting for Easy Ject flights. Find the tax claim office to,get money back for purchases we have made. Tick. Back to the gate and do check in - fast lane again. Some more duty free stuf to replace the missing gear in the bag (yes, no bag fairy again)... The to the lounge for a drink and nibble before we board. First down the aerobridge and the onto the plane. Front row seats this time. All settled in and then we get a dinner menu and a breakfast menu. They have ached on board who does special stuff. Interesting. Dinner comes, with bubbles or red or both... Not a bad feed either. Finally settle into a movie then to sleep. Didn't take much rocking to put me down. Paris to Vienna the a short stopover of about 1.5 hours then to Bangkok.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.392s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb