Day 18 - Vienna


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna
July 19th 2015
Published: July 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Sleep in again. Up for late breakfast along with quite a few who have stayed over. At least 4 couples at breakfast this morning. Get footy scores and happy that Melbourne have won, even try to communicate with the girls but both busy with dinner. Never mind, finally got news that Stephanie and all the cousins, etc. went to the game and Jessica was getting ready for night shift - again.....
Finish packing bags then check out. We have warning to do and have a Green and Clean not too far away. Check out, leaving our bags at the hotel and wander off to the laundromat. Map says go through the the Belvedere gardens then wander out through a gate to the desired street. I notice that the Botanic gardens looks like a good short cut..... Nice walk, shady trees, green grass, long way around, but hey, pleasant walk. A little lost, so Chris asks a local with pram, he says,that we are on the right track, and nearly out. Also adds that lots of locals use the gardens to escape the heat. Not many Viennese have air con. Can see why the gardens are so busy. Find our way out and back on track. Down that side street then another and find our target, "Green and Clean", a smart automated laundry system in Europe. Pick a washer that suits the size of our wash, and off we go. Quite a few others at this one. Washing done, drying started. Finally all done, happy campers once again. Back to the hotel, try to go back the way that Google Maps,says. No luck, gates into the belvedere gardens are shut tight. No matter, nice walk and we find lots of embassies as we walk so or all lost. Past the beautiful fountain and statue of the Russian Soldier and on our way (that we now know). Into the hotel to pick up the bags, a little hot and sweaty. All good, off to the next adventure, Vienna's rail,system. Our next hotel is 1 stop away. Down the subway, onto the train - which have bloody big steps up into the carriage - not suitcase friendly. 1 stop and down the 2 unfriendly steps. Out of the station and wonder which way when I spot the Hilton sign about 50 metres away. Winner winner chicken dinner......... Book in and all is good, albeit a much tinier room. Work out our trip stuff and off for a wander around town again. Walk a completely different path and see lots of new places, etc. End up getting very hot and sweaty so decide to head back to the hotel via a known tram, much nicer. Quick cleansing ale then into the hotel for a shower before our welcome dinner, etc. We register and geT our bag tags, name tags (bugger) and meet a few new buddies. Couple form Adelaide who have just come from Sweden, their son is a golf pro over there so they visit them at least once a year. He suggests a beer so can't be rude and join in. Oh oh, bus ready to go and half a beer to go. Bus waits. Eventually we aren't the last ones on board so another win. Dinner at some place we haven't been to before. Seems like an OK group, more to come. All done, off to sleep, early early start tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.373s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1149s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb