Vienna


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna
June 30th 2014
Published: June 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Last night we wondered around the area for ages trying to find dinner, but since it was a Sunday night most places were closed. We ended up having a rather stereotypical Wiener schnitzel and chips for dinner since it was all that was available. The place was rather creatively called The Schnitzel Centre which made my evening.
Today was our only full day in Vienna, and although it was very rainy and cloudy, Vienna is beautiful!
We couldn't find any open shops last night so we had no breakfast other than the two Brunch bars which Liz had stashed in her bag. As everyone knows, this is not enough for me for breakfast. Liz and my differing eating habits are fast becoming very clear. I got my breakfast in the end though.
First we took the U-Bahn to the city centre and saw Stephen's Dom which is massive and old but again supports my theory that Europeans don't clean their buildings.
We went to the Hofburg which was the old imperial palace of the Hapsburgs in Vienna; I of course was dying of historical geekiness. We smuggled Lizzie in with a student ticket even though she forgot her student card, the inside was as amazing as the outside.
Afterwards, we finally found a supermarket where Lizzie exhibited our tourist status by taking photos inside the supermarket. We ate lunch on the steps of the Parlement building and got stared at by several passersby. We wandered towards the Museum Quartier. Everywhere in central Vienna is pretty much beautiful.
We just had the biggest baguettes ever for dinner, with an agreement to not look at each other for the duration of the meal.
Graz tomorrow!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.356s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb