Vienna Waited For Me


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna
September 17th 2011
Published: September 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

" Vienna" The name itself sounds so royal and in some way tries to suggest that a beautiful girl is waiting to be explored and to be known

Well thats what exactly vienna is all about. Apart from being one of the best cities to live in, it also a city which should definitely be visited. Vienna goes beyond the obvious geographical beauty and terrain. The beauty of the city lies in its people and culture.

I landed at vienna airport on an early chilly european morning and could smell the nip and chill in the air, which somehow makes you want to drink a nice hot cup of coffee or tea. Vienna airport is very modest as compare to its other european counterparts, so please dont expect a swanky airport spread over acres and acres of land area.

The moment you enter the city of vienna, you are amazed by the architectural beauty and the layout of the city, which is different from other European cities. Roads are wide and very well connected with trams and the Bahns.

The Schornbrunn palace or the summer palace as it is popularly known is indeed "Grand". The rooms speak out luxury and indulgence of the Hofburg era. One needs minimum 2 hours to fully explore the 40 rooms of the palace. Once your legs are tierd of all the walking within the palace, the back lawn views would charge you up. You can sit or enjoy a stroll in the palace garden. If traveling with kids, you can take them to the Palace zoo to interact with animals or may be just enjoy a carriage ride around the palace.

A trip to vienna is incomplete without the visit to the Hofburg Palace and the Sisi Museum . One can be amazed to see the layout of crockery, garments, pottery etc at the museum

With all the museum walks, you stomach would definitly start having hunger pangs. So, just step out and sit back at the many roadside cafes and savour a nice spread of meal. For those who can losen a few string in their budget, a meal at the mozart cafe should not be missed. If you are looking for cheaper options then you would find many falafal and pizza joints.

Somehow vienna urges you to sit back and enjoy the world go by.
Take on the Hop on Hop Off Bus from the state opera house and have a complete view and look of the city. One must get down at the St.Stephens cathedral, which is a central point of the city. A quick lift upto the cathedral tower would give a fantastic 360 degree views of the city.
For the evening, one must have the famous vienna cakes with coffee, each bite could be a little drop of heaven. As the sun sets, head for one of the many Mozart concert which happen in the city. The sound of the violin and the legendary music composed by Mozart is the best way to sooth your senses.

Vienna is also the home of Sigmund Freud , Psychologist, so if you wanna have some basic understanding of human behavior- You should head towards the Freud Museum. Though the building is old and is not much visited by tourists, but it sure is a nice place to visit

If there is a spare day one must visit Vienna woods, basically the country side of Vienna

Beautiful European homes welcome you, and you see a vast expanse of trees while driving. A visit to the underground mines in a boat is unique and interesting

The beauty of Vienna, its friendly people and culture captures your heart and you cant help but make a promise to yourself that you would be back to visit her again and embrace her, as she sure would be waiting for you !

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb