Vienna on Sunday


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna
June 3rd 2018
Published: June 5th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Vienna on a Sunday.

Blue sky. Old world charm lured us into a collection of art that is beyond comprehension. We visited the Vienna Treasury which is considered the cradle of imperial collections. Jewels, tabards, swords, crowns and icons inspiring such awe as I cannot possibly convey. Jack had shared a photo on Facebook of an icon that holds a nail from the cross of Christ. A commenter to this post replied that this museum contains enough nails and wood of the cross to build an ark. Do we know? Did those long ago KNOW when HE walked the earth?

Just by happenstance, we crossed paths with the Lipizzaner stallions being stabled after their Sunday performance. Up close and personal! My favorite memory, so far!

We attempted a night at the opera...word of wisdom, the standing room seats like Rick Steves proclaims in his guidebook are just like packing twelve dogs into the trunk of a car...inhumane and certainly not worthy of Herr Verdi.

We rebounded with a lovely dinner of pizza in a cafe on a soft, warm Viennese night...wonderful visit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb