Back on Track


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
August 20th 2013
Published: September 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.22, 16.37

The hotel we're staying at is great. We got stuck in a suite since we had to add an extra night but it was nice last night. Ya, $300 nice! We had another free breakfast this morning and then walked about 6 blocks down to the US Consulate to replace our stolen passports. Since my passport was the only thing of mine that was taken, I still had my ID, copy of our passports, wallet, etc. Mom has lost all of her stuff so it's harder for her. We had to stop first downstairs to get our passport pictures and spend 48€. Then to the 4th floor for our 9:30 appointment. We were early so we got in quickly. We had to fill out paperwork, submit our passport copies, police report and $270. By 11am we had our temporary passports. They're only good for 6 months but when we return to the US, we send in paperwork and our new passports will arrive with no additional money or time.

With passports in hand ( well, actually around Mom's neck) we returned to the hotel and transferred to our regular room for our 2nd night. This room was smaller but opened
Mom showing off our new room in ViennaMom showing off our new room in ViennaMom showing off our new room in Vienna

The Stephansplatz Hotel moved us out of the suite to our room we had previously booked. A better room at a better price.
up onto St. Michael's Square. This place was action-packed all day and night.

We decided to take the HoHo bus around town for a couple of hours to see the city, then walked around the city by the hotel. All the fancy stores are here like Rolex, Bulgari, Dior, Versacci, etc. We had a nice Austrian dinner topped with strudel and ice cream. Tomorrow we head for Slovakia, about an hour away.

Karen's insulin seems to be working OK. Actually, with all the walking, she barely uses it.

Later


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Typical grocery store in Europe.Typical grocery store in Europe.
Typical grocery store in Europe.

This one was in Vienna, near our hotel.
View of the plaza, our hotel in backgroundView of the plaza, our hotel in background
View of the plaza, our hotel in background

Horse carriages were very busy.


Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb