Day 1 - Wednesday 24th October 2012 - Vienna, Austria


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
October 24th 2012
Published: November 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today is the first day of my 8 day trip to Europe, it was so exciting to go travelling again.

Colin drove me to the airport where I met Fiona at 11am, as usual we were FAR FAR too early... better be safe than sorry haha. We had to sit about waiting for ages for the desks to open to check in out bags. We were starving but as usual, Heathrow being rubbish there just wasn't any where for us to eat. Once we had checked in we used my "Fast Track" pass to get though security in record time, i swear it only took like a minute. Fiona and I had a really bad craving for McDonald's neither of us knew why but the extreme lack on Mc D's at the airport made us sad. We ended up grabbing a bite to eat at Yo! Sushi. We had Chicken Katsu, it was alright and by then anything would have been good to eat. Once we had finished it was time for us to go to our gate (24c) to board our plane.

When we got to the gate we had to wait for a bus to drive us to the airplane. We managed to get our seats near the front and got on the plane nice and early. We ended up man watching... there were some extremely hot men on out flight but sadly for me none of them sat next to me haha.

Our flight took off on time at 2:40pm and we managed to make up some time on the flight. We landed half and hour early in Vienna at 5:40pm. We got off the plane and went to collect our bags, they were so quick. The really hot guy from the plane was standing on the opposite side of the conveyor belt and Fiona and I just couldn’t stop giggling to ourselves. The airport was so beautiful and clean, everything seemed really modern compared to Terminal 3 of Heathrow haha.

Luckily as our flight was half and hour early we managed to catch out coach (number 9) to Stadion Station, it only cost us €8 which seemed really cheap. The Stadium at the station was beautiful. We then walked to our hotel which was only around the corner from the station, this is going to be very helpful in the upcoming days I’m
Our RoomOur RoomOur Room

Executive suite with a river view
sure :p. Our hotel is the Hilton Vienna Danube, it was soooooo posh, we even had our own bridge to cross to get to the entrance hehe. The hotel itself was MASSIVE!!!! And literally on the bank of the River Danube.

Thanks to my amazing dad we had booked a Queen Plus room which looked amazing on the website however when we got to the hotel to check in they told us we had been upgraded to the Executive Suite with River View… that was a massive surprise, we were so happy. We got in the lift up to room (634) on surprisingly, the 6th floor. I have never in my life seen a hotel room so big… is was huge… MASSIVE. We had 2 king sized beds, a desk, couch and a few chairs. The view out of our windows was just as impressive.

On the way to the hotel we saw a sign for Mc D’s.. we thought brilliant we’ll get the craving out the way and enjoy our Austria food tomorrow, so we went our for a walk. It was sooooooo cold. We went on the hunt for about half an hour and after freezing
Me @ DinnerMe @ DinnerMe @ Dinner

Club Sandwich
a little we gave up and came back to the hotel. Instead of Mc D’s we ended up in the hotels Riverview restaurant. It was really cute. For dinner I had a massive club sandwich with chicken, bacon and egg with fries, it was sooooo tasty but just far too big for me. Fiona had a humongous turkey steak with like 1 piece of different vegetables and wedges.

After dinner we decided to go and explore of the little perks we got for staying in the executive suite. We found the executive lounge but as we walked though the door everyone stopped what they were doing and looked over at us, it was a little scary so we ducked out really quickly… no free food and drink tonight 😞 We also found the gym, sauna and Jacuzzi, which was on the floor above us. It was really posh but a little small.

After out little adventure around the hotel we realized how knackered we really were so we headed back to our room and fell asleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Fiona @ DinnerFiona @ Dinner
Fiona @ Dinner

Turkey Steak


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb