Alex Day had a new video!


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
February 23rd 2012
Published: February 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

hello, yes this morning i got on my computer and saw that my favorite Youtube-ist posted a new video, about how big record lables are "rubbish" that was a good funny morning. then went to school and durring mainlesson, we are working on the different structures, we had a sheet of paper with a list of words and they were the last words of each line of some poem. the purpouse was that the endings of each word were similar to either the next word or another in that stanza, so the endings would go (a,a,b,b. or a,b,a,b. or a,b,b,a...) so like imagine a= -ing (counting) and b= -ill (still) so a stanza would be like: ...- counting (a)

...- still (b)

...- walking (a)

...- mill (b)

haha sorry i know i REALY explained that but there you go. and mind you the words were in German. so then we were asked to write our own poem using those words as the last ones, so basicaly to fill in the beginnings to the poem we had. so the point is that i did it! i wrote a poem in German, and i wrote 1/2 without help translating! and the teacher, Frau Kaufman said to the class "hey Christi has written a really good poem in German!" which was awsome! :D

we had an assembly today so that was boring but i was supprised that the performances were all in different languages, Spanish, Russian, German and English which are the languages they teach here. so that was interestin. this past monday in chior we sang the worst song i have ever heard by John Lennon, i was ashamed that it was written in English. the lyrics, well, some of them weren't even real words. i am pretty shure it was called "give peace a chance". although i was suprised that we sang a song in school that had the word masterbation in it! haha. but that just shows how much more loose they are here with sexual stuff. and other stuff too. they are just not as uptight as the US is.

when i got out of school the wind was so strong that i literally had to lean forward, that is the biggest weather difference, the winds we have in MI are nothing compared to these i have been in winds like these twice now and WOW! so strong, weather.com says they are 20 mph. idk if that is right but they are so strong they will blow a winter coat off a table if a window is open!

i sent Cody his birthday present today and it only cost 13 euros which is good i though it would be more like 20$ and it was so easy, they didn't want a customs lable or a insurence or a list of what was in it just paid and that was it.

now i am just sitting in my room. oh did you know that euros get smaller in size as the value goes down, a hundrid is 3 1/4 inches by 5 3/4 inches and a 50 will be a little smaller and so on and so on. tomorrow me and Christiane are going to the, haha i just looked up how to spell "Belvedere" and the thing that came up was a google map of the Belvedere Castle in New york city and there is a pond next to it called "Turtle Pond"! anyway we are going to the Belvedere Castle in Vienna Austria, not NY. so that should be fun. i just skyped Cody and Alison. ok well bye! i posted pictures on Facebook and am trying to keep posting them here but so far they are not all on.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb