In Vienna


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
March 28th 2006
Published: March 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,
It has been a while since we posted, sorry about that. Since we visited the wall, we went ahead and spent two more days in Berlin. It was quite cold, but absolutely a beautiful city. It's amazing how much history, both olden-days' and 20th century has happened in just a few streets. Lots of things we didn't even know until we got there - for example, there's one univ from which 30% of nobel prize winners had studied before WWII! Anand, who was initially looking forward to Vienna the most, also took one look around and agreed that it was an incredible place 😊. We also stayed with our cousin's family, which was perfect as it was really a home away from home, and we were able to catch up with them as well.
However, after getting to Vienna it was me who was convinced, and all it took was stepping out of the train - because it was literally the first time in this entire trip that it was WARM!!! When we booked, the weather was supposed to have been fine the whole time, but this year the winter seems to have lasted longer than expected, so we've been in our coat/hat/scarf/gloves the entire time, until yesterday when we walked around blissfully 😊. Aside from that too Vienna has been great, we've switched from museums to palaces/musical events. So we visited the Hapsburg palace yesterday, the schonbrunn today (just from outside - didn't feel like going into another when we had versailles remaining) and are planning to do the treasury tomorrow. The musical stuff has been the best though, as we saw a full Swan Lake performance yesterady in the Staatsoper. This was perfect as there was ballet for me, and the orchestra music for Anand. Today however, we went to Mozart's Don Giovanni, which uhmmmmmmmmm.. anand liked, but I honestly don't seem to have the opera chip. So we watched the first half and then decided to go out and continue looking around and getting the requisite patel photos 😊.
Hope everything is going well with all of you.


Advertisement



29th March 2006

Enjoy
Amritha, That was a good description of some of the places that you are visiting in Vienna. Enjoy the rest of the trip. kartikk

Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb