Delayed Happy Easter - Miss you


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
April 10th 2010
Published: April 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

I´m in Vienna now after seeing some of Italy. I went to Milan and saw AC Milan play Lazio - i thought league fans were crazy... the Milan fans were setting off red flares in the crowd, smoking hash at half time and had about 100 different cheers. It was a great experience. I also went to the Duomo cathedral (which took 600 years to build) which was crazy huge and very breathtaking.

I then went to Venezia and saw... well water flooding the streets at night, the condalas (pretty sure ive got the spelling wrong there), ate pizza and gelato (well i did this all the way through Italy actually) and of course saw a whole lot of cathedrals.

On to Roma where i was going to spend 3 days... but ended up staying for 7! I met Deboo from England the first day and got on really well... so him and i unleashed on Roma for 7 days and included... watching the U17 four nations rugby tournament at a local park, seeing The Vatican Museum, the Colloseum, Palatine Hill, the pantheon, trevi fountain, piazza venizia, the sistine chapel and Michealangelos David and... well, just about everything. We ate so much pizza anf gelato and of course had the odd beer here and there 😉.

I caught the night train to Vienna - it took 13 hours and i was sleeping (trying to sleep) in this tiny room with 5 others and i was on the top couchette... im not that tall... but i didnt fit properly and well... it wasnßt the best sleep ive had. Anyway, now im in Vienna and trying to work out some kind of plan. I am unable to put photo´s up because im on a shared computer... i know, boring... but ill try to put some up when i get the chance.

A very late happy easter to you all. I miss Australia (and im missing some people a lot - you know who you are) but im doing you all proud over here. Thank you for your messages/comments and love.


Tim

Advertisement



10th April 2010

Squats
Tim Tam Just to let you know that since you left Tim Tam Stocks have crashed due to a gigantic fall in consumption in some areas of the health areas. Off to Adelaide tomorrow for a week. Finished a week in Penrith last night. Had previously done Queanbeyan and Bathurst. If you come back you should go and work on the overweight in those areas. Happy travelling. And don't get too homesick...
11th April 2010

I am glad you are not in South America..... :)
12th April 2010

Haha
Hey John, Good to hear you´re working hard... even if it´s not in the gym. Yeah, i haven´t had Tim Tam´s for a while now... but the swiss chocolate will suffice. Not too homesick but am missing people. Say hi to everyone for me. Tim
12th April 2010

Hi
Dani!! How are you? How is Frank? I hope you´re well. Soon i will be in south america... well not soon, but eventually. Take care Tim
14th April 2010

Enjoy!
Your name is still kindly spoken at CHA. Enjoy! We went by Eurorail with our three kids in 1978. It all adds to the experience... I remember Vienna as a gorgeous city, and I have a photo of our family demolishing a sacher torte with a little too much glee. Best wishes Penny
14th April 2010

Thank you
Hi Penny, How are the knees? Thank you for your kind words. I am missing you all. Yes, Vienns is beautiful... i think all of Europe is amazing... oh, and on the food... well dont get me started... i think i have put on 3-4kg, despite walking for about 8 hrs a day. Haha. Take care, Tim

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb