Schnapps & Schnitzel


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
June 29th 2007
Published: August 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The drive in to Austria was absolutely amazing. Such exquisite landscape - very mountainous. First impression of Vienna was that it was a beautiful city. Kim loved it! Everything was relaxed and laid back, it was very clean and it is just really pretty to look at.

On the first night in Vienna a few of the guys, including Steve went to see DJ Tiesto (World #1 DJ) @ the Pyramide Eventhotel. Kim ventured out with some of the other people on our tour for dinner and got to experience the taste of the famous Wiener Schnitzel and Austrian beer and did some bar hopping. Both of us enjoyed our night immensely and got a good first taste of Austria.

The 30th of June was our free day in Vienna to explore the city for ourselves. After a quick tour around the Burg Ring we did a bit of shopping, walked through one of the parks which had some nice gardens and had some lunch at one of the pubs. We met up with the group again in the afternoon to continue on to the schnapps museum which was part of our optional extras on tour - a bonus
Kim in Dolce Gabbana SunniesKim in Dolce Gabbana SunniesKim in Dolce Gabbana Sunnies

Her birthday is coming up...
was getting to sample the yummy authentic Schnapps, of which there are many varieties!

On our way out of Austria on the 1st of July we stopped off at the Mathausen concentration camp that was used during World War 2 in the reign of Hitler. This was very interesting to walk through and at the same time disturbing at the thought of the events that took place there not that many years ago! After walking through the camp, we viewed a movie which included commentary from people who actually spent time in the Mathausen camp... it was very moving and quite upsetting.

We also stopped off in a little Austrian town called Mondsee for lunch on our way to Munich. This town was quite small, and was surrounded by a mountainous backdrop and again, like everything else we have seen in Austria so far was very pretty. The town is famous for the church which appeared in the Sound of Music movie (where the wedding took place). We got some pics of it which might jog some of your memories... we both have no idea though haha.



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Schnitzel King!Schnitzel King!
Schnitzel King!

Dapto's finest has a sister store in Vienna!
The Church in MondseeThe Church in Mondsee
The Church in Mondsee

Sound of Music anyone?


Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0678s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb