salzberg


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Upper Austria » Salzkammergut
May 19th 2010
Published: May 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

salzberg:


took a train late after standing at the bus stop at the bottom of the konopiste castle....beautiful..and free wifi from the pensione across the street..but a 2 hour wait...then a long train..which had problems adn they had to bus us to another stop...then back ona train...which when that arrived...we missed our connection..another wasnt for 3 hours.....but it was a nice train and direct to salzberg.......electrical plug ins and our own cabin...comfy..good cuz our feet..oh man what a smell.....so glad we had our own cabin...arrived in salzberg at 1 am......got online for free at a mcdonalds right by train station..found the yoho international youth hostle...just a 10 minute walk away....laundry..accepted cards....shower...good breakfast considering its kinda skimpy...but good.....laundry almost dry....and will be packed..trying a new configuration with the backpacks..as one of my side straps ripped off...so sleeping bag and mattress now on botton..for grizz too..and is much better...can get in packs when we need now!

bought some shampoo and toothpaste in czech..last stop ...some disposable razors...and a nail clipper....we need a nice swiss army knife and will splurge to get one....or a cheap knockoff.

the lady at the konopiste rails station who watched the bathrooms was so nice and talkative...she seemd like she loves travelers....loved talking to me......asked if we were married..if we had kids....where we came from..where to next...and boy its cold today isnt it? the rest i didnt get but just nodded my head....nice old lady who makes sure people pay 5 kc to use the bathroom.....what a job...but she seemed really happy and nice..it was nice to meet her..her name was sara.

onto salzberg! going to camp at the camping nord-sam place...pool, laundry..nice showers..activities..on the bus rout...had to grab this hostle cuz it was the middle of the night but nice...great beds...first good nights sleep really for me.....gotta see some mountains...gotta see the hellbrun palace..he was a trickster and made an outdoor seating area where the seats have hidden water spouts..his chair didnt of course.....lots of other things in his palace..what a guy!

this is where they filmed the sound of music as well....the last kid died earlier so no more seing them...so watch that movie and thats where we are at.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.282s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0794s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb