Spring Sking in St Anton


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol » Sankt Anton am Arlberg
April 5th 2009
Published: May 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

As the ski season drew to a close we spotted a great deal at a chalet in St Anton and couldn't resist the lure of Easter at the snow (finally - some good comes out of the credit crunch!!).

Our chalet was fabulous, with an indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna. We had a 5 course dinner cooked every night, and the food was amazing (thanks Craig!!). As if that was not enough, there were champagne and canapés to start ... needed the skiing to work off all that delicious food.

The skiing was proper spring skiing, icy in the morning and slushy by 3pm. There had been many, many avalanches around the resort, so much so that the blue run back to the resort was closed. That meant that all skiers from one side of the resort were forced to head home on a black run, which became packed every afternoon and developed some very impressive moguls (not something the beginners appreciated).

The MAIN EVENT of the week, however, was that I skied. For. The. Whole. Week. Yes indeed. I did improve a lot during the week (although my boarding is still better). Managed some quite impressive stacks - so at least that proves that I was trying!!

N and I even did an off piste day (although I found the snow conditions very tough). Anyway - we shall see which prevails......



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Chairlift shotChairlift shot
Chairlift shot

There is always one!!!
Icy bumpsIcy bumps
Icy bumps

N's favourite - but not mine
MooserwirtMooserwirt
Mooserwirt

A St Anton institution


Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 22; qc: 100; dbt: 0.1013s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb