Innsbruck


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol » Innsbruck
January 10th 2011
Published: January 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We finished our last day in Munich stocking up on a few items for skiing and having a bit more of a look around the city. On the 8th Jan we caught the train from Munich to Innsbruck only two short hours away. Innsbruck is again such a picturesque town sitting surronded by mountains. The boys have been very happy to have a break from all the sightseeing and just have some fun skiing.

Its been great here, there are a number of ski fields around the town and a ski bus travels to all of the areas for free as long as you are wearing ski clothes. We were able to hire ski gear in town easily, and we have employed a young ski guide Thomas who has been skiing with us and will continue as the ski fields are just so vast.

The first ski field Thomas took us to is the Stubaier Glacier where the highest point we skied from was 3300m and the home run back to the base station was 10km! Needless to say we all slept well last night.

Today we headed to an area called Kutai, which is also quite high
St Michaels MunichSt Michaels MunichSt Michaels Munich

Jesuit Church
at 2020m and reasonably steep but conditions were very good with a soft powder over the hard base, visibility ok, abit foggy and light snow for most of the day. Kutai is a village resort so the skiing was on the mountains directly surrounding the town. The boys are having a great time with Thomas , he is finding lots of terrain to challenge them whilst giving us all a comprehensive tour of every run on the mountain! I'm sure I will sleep well again tonight.

We are heading back to Stubaier glacier again tomorrow and hopefully the weather is fine.
Hope you enjoy the photos!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Stubaier Glacier Stubaier Glacier
Stubaier Glacier

Tyrol region Austria
Stubaier Glacier Stubaier Glacier
Stubaier Glacier

3300m the highest lift point
Stubaier Glacier Stubaier Glacier
Stubaier Glacier

with our guide Thomas


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb