Castles everywhere!


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg
March 14th 2008
Published: March 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

churchchurchchurch

churches are everywhere
Hi it’s me again and again and again… Austin Peters here I am having a great time in Austria. There are castles and churches everywhere! The first castle we went into was a castle just outside of Kaprun, the little town that we are staying in. the castle was huge! It was the first castle I have ever seen up close! The whole castle was renovated so my mom wasn’t too impressed especially since she used to live in Germany and saw castles all over the place. The castle had lots of windows and it even had the holes where archers used to shoot out of at there foes (see picture below). There were people working in there so we weren’t allowed in it, but knowing our family we snuck in and looked around. Since the castle was on top of a huge hill when we went in and looked out of highest room of the tallest tower (does that phrase sound familiar?) the view was amazing! We could see all of Kaprun. We also saw big rocks shaped into perfect spheres; we assumed that they were used for being launched out of catapults when enemies tried to storm the castle. The look just like castles in movies only this one was a little smaller. Since we snuck in, when a guy caught us he yelled at us in German and we had no idea what he said so we just left. Don’t worry I took plenty of pictures so you can view them later.
It has been raining everyday we are here, so we have yet to go skiing. There are ski resorts in every town just like there are churches, castles, and palaces in every town. We wanted to go skiing the first day we were here, but it was raining and we all slept in.
I would not mind living here at all. I love everything here, the culture, the food, the churches, the little shops every where, the simple way they live, being surrounded by mountains all of the time, the castles, the palaces, and of course the architecture. All of the houses are like little, colorful, ginger bread houses with a gondola in the middle of town that takes you to the top of the mountain.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb