Sightseeing Salzburg


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
August 21st 2011
Published: September 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast at the hotel started the jam-packed day. We hopped on a tour bus which took us on a 'Sound Of Music Tour'. First stop was the gazebo where they filmed the 'Sixteen Going On Seventeen' scene. During the coach rides between each location there was a themed sing-a-long led by the tour guide similar to that of Brendan from Coach Trip. The next stop was the Leopoldskron Palace. The Palace was used in the lemonade terrace scene with the Baroness. The surroundings are beautiful and the lake is stunning. From afar the building is incredible and the setting is almost magical. We jumped back on the bus for another sing-a-long before driving on to Nonnberg Abbey. The Abbey was founded in 714 and was used in the film and also was the location in real life where the Baron and Maria were married in 1927. We stopped to admire a lake and some mountains before the final stop which was the Church of Mondsee.

A quick stop for lunch was followed by the afternoons tour which was titled 'Bavarian Alps'. We stopped at a few villages and took in the wonderful scenery. The villages were rather high up in the mountains and the houses are very dainty. The tour lasted around four hours and ended with a view of the Eagles Nest. It was incredible the height of the building.

We ate at a Monastery that had food stalls and halls of benches for people to sit. The atmosphere was great and the place was filled with locals and tourists. The food was typical cuisine and cheap. There were all kinds of people enjoying themselves and hours could be spent drinking the huge steins of beer.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb